Thursday, January 1, 2009

Jilin City

Jilin City (吉林市) is located in Jilin Province in North of China. It is famous of its big rime ice on the trees around the Songhua River. The rime ice is a natural phenomenon that occurs every year during January and February.

Unfortunately we haven't seen the rime ice there as we didn't go in the morning to the banks of the river. I think I would freeze to death if I did that! More than - 20 degrees. No thanks!

As the matter of fact I don’t know how I managed to go out for our little trips there. It was so cold! And now we are planning to go to Harbin after Chinese New Year which is more in the North than Jilin and I don’t know how will I survive;) but of course I want to see famous ice sculptures there. Well, I think it is worth. Don’t you think?


By the river in Jilin (my nose is about to fell off)

In Jilin City we visited North Hill Park (Bei Shan) and Dragon Pool Mountain Park.

There is a legend about the Dragon Pool that Dragon was catched by the Monk and chained to the Pool. When a dragon comes back to the land there will be flood.

In front of gate to Bei Shan

Temple on Bei Shan

Dragon Pool in Jilin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Counter