Saturday, January 10, 2009

Trip to Beijing

Everybody knows Beijing so I don’t have to write an introduction about it :)

Main goals of our trip to Beijing were getting visa to Poland, climbing Great Wall, seeing Panda and visiting Forbidden City and we had to do all those things in one week. All went well.

We took a train from Shenyang to Beijing in the night so we could save one night in Beijing hotels and ticket was much cheaper than for fast train during the day. Of course I couldn’t sleep for almost all the time we were on the train and I couldn’t move anywhere as we had bought top beds in a compartment so I played games on my phone to kill the time. Anyway I survived. The next day I was very tired but fortunately on that day we planed applying for polish visa only so it wasn’t so bad after all.

Apart from the Great Wall, Pandas and Forbidden City we had a chance to see The Temple of Heaven, Hutong areas, the Bird Nest and the Water Cube in Beijing which I will describe with my own words in new posts later.



In general trip to Beijing was OK but I was happy leaving this city after one week. The city is too big!!! Streets have no ends and local people are not friendly at all. I think it is great for tourists not for living. Well, that is my humble opinion…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Counter